In order to stay competitive and become the world class network we believe we can be, it is of top priority that we be able to recruit the top talent in the world. Competitive compensation packages in line with world class organizations are as part of this equation and below are proposed compensation guidelines for Rarible DAO.
Senior Dev : 180K - 250K USD
Junior Dev : 80K - 150K USD
Senior Ops/Business Dev : 120K - 150K USD
Junior Ops/Business Dev: 85K USD
Senior Designer/Comms : 120K USD
Junior Designer/Comms : 80K USD
Community Manager: 80K USD
Pay ranges are a guideline and outstanding candidates can request an increased salary pending approval of the core team
A committee will be formed to determine the value and amount of vesting tokens. These tokens will vest over the following timeline:
- 3 years linear vesting
- 6 month cliff backdated to start date
- With clawback (all unvested RARI returns to the DAO if someone leaves or is terminated)
Amount of tokens will range from 10,000 to 150,000 tokens based on seniority and responsibility levels, as well as current price of RARI. These tokens will unfortunately only apply to full time contributors.
Will be implemented for all new full time members
During the trial period, every new hire will receive 100% of their due salary, in the form of a monthly grant, paid on a monthly basis, for the time they work.
If the trial period is successful, the new hire is made official. They are now protected by a severance package (in the case of a standard firing procedure).
If the hire isn’t confirmed at the end of the two-month period, the severance package is null.
Payment for all members will be made in RARI tokens.
Rarible DAO thrives thanks to its contributors. Unfortunately, some of them are in a place that doesn’t allow them to commit full-time to the project.
They are more than welcome to contribute but they would be compensated with a monthly or hourly grant, based on their involvement in and time commitment to the project. The amount of the grant will be set up on a month-to-month basis, and will be adjusted to the part-time contributor’s degree of involvement.
Letting someone go is a painful, stressful experience that can put a strain on a project’s morale. That’s why we’d like to introduce transparent termination procedures so there are no surprises in the event of poor or malicious performance.
- Any termination decision will be discussed and voted on by the Core Team.
- Gross misconduct and dishonest behavior will result in immediate termination without any form of severance.
- Standard terminations will be subject to a severance package based on the individual’s fixed salary. The standard severance package is one month’s salary.
- Severance packages will be approved by Core Team and Multisig before being sent.
- In the event of a high-profile termination, a post-mortem could be shared with the community, shedding light on the context and justification for the decision.
- 4 weeks per year for everyone (or more, if you need, unpaid)