My proposal to work for Rarible DAO as a UI/UX and Brand Designer

TLDR

My Background:

I am a UI/UX and brand designer with 3 years experience designing across desktop and mobile user interface. Proficiency with figma, adobe illustrator and adobe photoshop. I have experience working with web3 teams and designing UIs for financial application.

Recently, I worked on a decentralized video streaming platform where I designed the website landing page and user’s dashboard to make videos and turn them into NFTs.

I also designed the website landing page for a crypto exchange to buy and sell crypto.

I also founded a community of blockchain talents to connect, learn and earn with the community.

What skills and expertise will I bring to the DAO?

Design strategy: Based on business and brand strategy. Identify and plan how to launch successful products in the short and long term.

Design Systems: Consistency and scalability. Build design systems for the efficiency of the team.

App and web design: Wireframe, visual design to high-fidelity prototype. Craft designs for all touchpoints. Native, or responsive.

Brand design: Creating, redesigning or refreshing a distinct identity for a product or service. Produce designs across a variety of formats, platforms and environments including logos, visual identities, apps and websites.

What types of contributions will I make?

• Work alongside developers to bring UX wireframes to life, using modern, sleek and on-brand UIs that our community love.
  • Collaborate with the wider development team to create UIs that are feasible with regards to technical implementations
  • Contribute to DAO design language, working with the wider design and development team to iterate and grow the Rarible DAO Design System.
  • Understand and engage with the growing community, identify its needs and explore how Rarible DAO can deliver positive experiences as they engage our products.

How I do it?

Know your users: Start with the most essentials. Know who you are targeting. What their general behavior is and how you can use these to trigger motivation.

Establish empathy together as a team: Building a good product starts with your own people. Sharing empathy and finding the team is an important key, so everyone knows who and why we are building for.

Balance with the user, business needs, and technology feasibility: Every company has a mission behind the code. It requires a well-understanding from all 3 angles to propose a confident solution. Be bold & lean at the same time to react fast.

I propose to work for 8 hours every day for 5 days at a rate of $30 per hour ( $4,800 per month paid in RARI).

Payments will be made to the following Ethereum address:

0x352ca2026033eA95EBcd198D5F922184820D514F

Accountability

I will attend community calls where I share my contributions to the community, giving consistent updates on the progress I am making.

I will be available full time to attend community meetings as a designer representative of the DAO.

Useful Links

Email: odebunmifiyin@gmail.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/FiyinOdebunmi

Discord: fiyin#4950

2 Likes

you crushed it in the magic mint designs, v nice work friend :fire:

at this time i’m not sure we need a full-time designer given our current project pipeline. We’re also in the process of having a really comprehensive rebrand for the DAO, so a bit of a transition period with all that before we understand where some of the larger DAO design language and branding will be heading

maybe instead it’d be good to hang around the discord to keep an eye out for design specific needs, there may be potential for another targeted contribution like you did with magic mint in the future

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m feeling the same. Love the magic mint stuff, but realizing it might be a bit soon to bring on a FTer exclusively for design. What about if we took things a project at a time for now, similar to Magic Mint but just making a quick proposal prior to the work so we don’t end up doing retroactive payments?

3 Likes

Nice. Thanks bvalosek

1 Like

TDLR

My Background:

I am a UI/UX and brand designer with 3 years experience designing across desktop and mobile user interface. Proficiency with figma, adobe illustrator and adobe photoshop. I have experience working with web3 teams and designing UIs for financial application.

Recently, I worked on a decentralized video streaming platform where I designed the website landing page and user’s dashboard to make videos and turn them into NFTs.

I also designed the website landing page for a crypto exchange to buy and sell crypto.

https://boundlesspay.com

I also founded a community of blockchain talents to connect, learn and earn with the community.

What skills and expertise will I bring to the DAO?

Graphics Design: Creating visual content to communicate messages. By applying visual hierarchy and page layout techniques.

Design strategy: Based on business and brand strategy. Identify and plan how to launch successful products in the short and long term.

Design Systems: Consistency and scalability. Build design systems for the efficiency of the team.

App and web design: Wireframe, visual design to high-fidelity prototype. Craft designs for all touch points, native, or responsive.

Brand design: Creating, redesigning or refreshing a distinct identity for a product or service. Produce designs across a variety of formats, platforms and environments including logos, visual identities, apps and websites.

What types of contributions will I make?

• Design daily flyers for community calls or other announcements to post on twitter and other Rarible DAO social media platforms.
  • Work alongside Rarible DAO developers to bring UX wireframes to life, using modern, sleek and on-brand UIs that our community love
  • Create the DAO brand kit
  • Collaborate with the wider development team to create UIs that are feasible with regards to technical implementations
  • Contribute to DAO design language, working with the wider design and development team to iterate and grow the Rarible DAO Design System
  • Understand and engage with the growing community, identify its needs and explore how Rarible DAO can deliver positive experiences as they engage our products
  • Provide any urgent design needs

How I do it?

Know your users: Start with the most essentials. Know who you are targeting. What their general behavior is and how you can use these to trigger motivation.

Establish empathy together as a team: Building a good product starts with your own people. Sharing empathy and finding the team is an important key, so everyone knows who and why we are building for.

Balance with the user, business needs, and technology feasibility: Every company has a mission behind the code. It requires a well-understanding from all 3 angles to propose a confident solution. Be bold & lean at the same time to react fast.

I propose to work for 8 hours every day for 5 days at a rate of $30 per hour ( $4,800 per month paid in RARI).

Payments will be made to the following Ethereum address:

0x352ca2026033eA95EBcd198D5F922184820D514F

Accountability

I will attend community calls where I share my contributions to the community, giving consistent updates on the progress I am making.

I will be available full time to attend community meetings as a designer representative of the DAO.

Useful Links

Email: odebunmifiyin@gmail.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/FiyinOdebunmi

Discord: fiyin#4950

Dribbble: Mofiyin | Dribbble

Hey Fiyin! Thanks for the nice update.

I think the main thought in B and I’s previous responses was that we don’t think we’re ready for a full-time designer at the moment – it doesn’t seem like you changed anything that would change that, did you?

I see you’re interested in working on the overall branding stuff – that’s outside the builder group scope, I think, so I’d recommend talking with some other groups to see if you can get involved there! Try the marketing-comms channel and DAO-ops to ask who to talk to, I’d say.

1 Like