LootSoot — HyperVibes Phase I Comp

(Please see original google doc for links that dont show up)

Intro

This proposal marks the beginning of formalising my contribution to the working R group at Rarible DAO by retroactively proposing compensation to phase I of HyperVIBES.*

HyperVIBES was materialized out of a fever dream—to explore unchartered territories and challenge the boundaries/status quo of NFT platforms. It is a proof-of-concept to empower users with the freedom to get boldly creative with their own NFT projects, thereby throwing open the floodgates to a cosmos of possibilities within the web3 ecosystem.

See the [scope section] for a general overview of work contributed thus far or [skip to the Rationale section to learn a little more about my background]

*Note: I understand this is a special case discussed with some team members; in the future, I will be making proposals ahead of time to avoid retroactive payments.

Future Contribution (HyperVIBES & Other Projects)

This section is purely for full disclosure and transparency to the R group and the DAO.

Though this specific proposal is only for retroactive payment for phase I of HyperVIBES, it also potentially signals continuing contribution towards the success of HyperVIBES and other projects within the R Group.

After this proposal, there will no further cases of retro payment,; Moving forward, my future contribution will require approval ahead of time—

1. If I choose to continue to contribute on a per-project (part-time) basis, I will write a new proposal per these standard guidelines: [R Group Basics]
  2. If the R Group realizes the absolute need to transition my contribution to full-time, I will write another proposal to kick off as a prospective member (via 2-month trial) per these standard guidelines: [R Group Basics]

Scope & Contributions to HyperVIBES Phase I

As the sole designer of HyperVIBES, I wore many hats that would traditionally be assigned to respective designers (Brand & Visual, Product, UI/UX, Motion/Animation, Creative Direction)

At a high-level, Phase I, the MVP, was realized and executed in the same way I would any other design deliverable through these three exercises:

1. Discovery and Research
  2. Conceptual Design
  3. Detailed/Finalised Design
  • Visual communication and brand experience

• Defining the visual language, look and feel
      • A solid week of explorations and multiple design directions to speak to a fresh perspective and narrative—Rejecting the tired cliché of Space, embracing the escher-like romance of discovering interdimensional unknowns
      • Logo & Logotype explorations
      • Type Treatment
      • Color Palette
      • 3D & 2D Artwork and animation
  • Landing Page/Website (Pre and Post App Launch)

• Create an immersive, light yet digestible landing page to direct traffic to the HyperVIBES App
      • Interaction & Motion Design
      • Icons & Visuals
      • Coordination with front-end/full-stack engineer Zak to build and illiterate
      • Provide input on concise, engaging, yet comprehensible language/content strategy
  • HyperVibes Web App - MVP

• Using Zak’s initial wireframes as a guiding light for a focused MVP, create a ux-friendly experience to accommodate these actions
      • Entering the experience and choosing their path
        • Create Realms
        • Infuse tokens
        • Claim tokens
      • Browse/Explore
        • Basic sharing
        • Viewing existing realms and NFTs within each realm
    • Define engaging experience w/o taking away from the utility
      • Error States
      • Confirmation
  • Misc

• Marketing content & assets
  • Note that not all work/designs was executed for this Phase I due to team bandwidth and the need to keep scope focused as an MVP.

Proposed Compensation

The following numbers are reasonable and conservative based on two considerations—

1. Market-competitive flat rate based on a multi-layered scope, expedited turnaround and 8+ years of experience in multiple design touchpoints

References/Literature:

1. Start-up Branding - see link in google doc

2. UI/UX Cost - see link in google doc

3. Website Design Cost - see link in google doc

4. Calibre and delivery of Phase I MVP—the expedited work for a fairly polished proof-of-concept was comparable to that of a lead product designer - (see link in google doc)

Scope (Market-Base) Phase I (~4 weeks; Oct 19–Nov 16)
Visuals/ Brand Exp/ Artwork / Animation $2000
Landing Page Design $3300
App UI/UX $5500
Total $10,800

Total Compensation asked: $10,800 in ERC-20 stablecoins, (preferably ETH at the time this proposal was finished on Nov 18 at 9AM PST)

If paid in eth, ~2.7 ETH (Nov 18 9AM PST ETH at approx $4,000 according to CoinGecko)

Address: 0x3b5EDe9A5652a9fb3C467fA2AfFF37E3736722C4 / (lootsoot.eth)

Rationale

• I have over 7 years of relevant multi-disciplinary design experience shipping products across various touchpoints; These products range from physical consumer products to short films to digital experiences in tech. To name a few:
    • Designing curation and art direction at Flipboard
    • Executed various projects at Google within an embedded design agency R/GA
    • Defining safe-driving experiences for motorcycles/vehicles at a startup acquired by Honda
    • Launching LARQ, the self-cleaning water bottle (art direction, brand and film)
  • I’ve spent the last 7+ months working as a design lead (brand and product) at Boardroom, a governance platform (here is where I met the great Zak and Brandon)
3 Likes

lootsoot was truly an instrument part of making HyperVIBES a reality, the project would not have come together if it wasn’t for her role in the design, aesthetics, brainstorming sessions, and product direction!

3 Likes

hyperVIBES design is awesome and lootsoot seems awesome, too. I’ll pop this on snapshot tomorrow if there are no objections!

2 Likes

This is now posted to snapshot here.

Insanely talented, thoughtful, and an absolute blast to build with. HyperVIBES wouldn’t have hit even 10% as hard as it did without lootsoot driving the design vision.